Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skip invalid SSL warning and show detailed errors in Safari

I have Safari 12.0.3 and couldn't find two settings:

1. Sometimes I need skip invalid SSL warning for self-signed SSL or expired SSL.

I would like to skip the warning without adding the certificate to keychain, as I do in Chrome.

Is it possible?

Please don't tell me I shouldn't as I know what I'm doing.

2. I tried to check an issue with a website. I couldn't see the actual errors in Safari. When I switched to Chrome, I saw detailed PHP errors immediately.

Is there a setting like " disable friendly HTTP errors" in Safari?

MacBook Air 13", 10.14

Posted on Jan 29, 2019 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2019 11:52 AM

In Safari Preferences->Advanced, at the bottom check the Show Development menu in menu bar

box.

Recently I have been using it do debug an embedded MPU web server. Start with "Show Web

Inspector and go from there. Can do lots of stuff from the inspector especially the reload

ignoring cache which can come in handy especially when there are server side changes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2019 11:52 AM in response to eran290

In Safari Preferences->Advanced, at the bottom check the Show Development menu in menu bar

box.

Recently I have been using it do debug an embedded MPU web server. Start with "Show Web

Inspector and go from there. Can do lots of stuff from the inspector especially the reload

ignoring cache which can come in handy especially when there are server side changes.

Skip invalid SSL warning and show detailed errors in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.