Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone xs max camera flaring and light reflection

I have a terrible camera. Literally cant take pic at night with some light. Also have green dots when i take pic or record video. I have been at Apple store, and talked with support team online- no one really could help. They replaced my phone, but the new one has still same problem. Tried everything, remove case, restore the phone, clean lenses- nothing helped

iPhone XS Max, 12

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 1:31 PM

The key here is "some light" - how much is "some"? Can you take good pictures outdoors or in normal indoor room lighting? The green dots sound like you are trying to take photos in insufficient light - the are the equivalent of "noise" in audio; if not enough light is reaching the sensor some pixels will trigger randomly. If you are using the built in flash note that it has a range of about 6 feet, so that doesn't count as sufficient light if the subject further away than that.

You also mention flare and light reflection, but you didn't expand on that. Camera flare can be cause by light reflecting off a case that you have on the phone, in addition to the usual definition of "flare" as used by photographers, which is caused by light scattering within the elements of the camera lens. But what do you mean by it, and by light reflection?

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2019 1:31 PM in response to elcmyldrm

The key here is "some light" - how much is "some"? Can you take good pictures outdoors or in normal indoor room lighting? The green dots sound like you are trying to take photos in insufficient light - the are the equivalent of "noise" in audio; if not enough light is reaching the sensor some pixels will trigger randomly. If you are using the built in flash note that it has a range of about 6 feet, so that doesn't count as sufficient light if the subject further away than that.

You also mention flare and light reflection, but you didn't expand on that. Camera flare can be cause by light reflecting off a case that you have on the phone, in addition to the usual definition of "flare" as used by photographers, which is caused by light scattering within the elements of the camera lens. But what do you mean by it, and by light reflection?

Iphone xs max camera flaring and light reflection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.