Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera flare in iphone 13

I recently bought iphone 13 , 3days ago. 2days back when i went out i tried taking a pic of pole image attached below . There is a severe flare/ reflection whenever i take pics in daylight or outdoors at night .. I went to apple store and they said they can only replace the camera unit and ONLY IF ITS FOUND DISFUNCTIONAL and this process would take a weeks time. I expected replacement of whole device because it has only been3 days since i bought this phone. Once its gone in service then yall know the life of phone . Please tell me how to go bout this issue. This is really frustrating

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 4:56 AM

It's completely normal for modern premium smart phones and other digital cameras:

iPhone Camera Lens Flare and Reflections - Apple Community

If your camera was replaced, the replacement would function exactly the same, as you can't fix normal operation.

8 replies

Feb 5, 2022 10:38 PM in response to Milan422

I am having the same issue, with iPhone 13 bought it about 45 days ago. Sent it back to get it looked at by Apple, thought they would replace it. Gave back same phone and mentioned nothing wrong with it. I am very disappointed, my previous iPhone was the XR never had this issue. Recreated same scenario with the iphone XR which I took with the 13, didn’t have any of the flares. I noticed flares does not happen with the wide angle lens only with the other one. I hope they are able to fix this issue soon. I will be sending my phone again to Apple to get it looked at

Camera flare in iphone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.