Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find unsed clips even if only a section of them was used

When you use the "Unused" clips filter or create it in a smart collection, it shows me all the clips in the entire project. It does this because I have selected a range in each of the clips, so unless I have used the ENTIRE clip, the clip will show up in this filter as UNUSED. I am not interested in that at all. I have selected the best portion of the clip and once I have done so I will not use any other portion of the clip, at least in most cases. They are all very short clips. I need the filter to eliminate those clips that were partially used. Is this even possible? If so, how please.

Many thanks,

Houston

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 2:19 PM

Reject the other parts of the clips and switch your browser to Hide Rejected. Turn on the show used ranges. Then you can easily recognize which clips have been used.

Alternatively: when you use a clip, add a specific keyword to the whole clip - say, “used”. Then use a Smart Collection that includes just the clips *without* this keyword.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2019 2:19 PM in response to htown

Reject the other parts of the clips and switch your browser to Hide Rejected. Turn on the show used ranges. Then you can easily recognize which clips have been used.

Alternatively: when you use a clip, add a specific keyword to the whole clip - say, “used”. Then use a Smart Collection that includes just the clips *without* this keyword.

How do I find unsed clips even if only a section of them was used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.