Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube on safari full screen only 3/4th full

when I initially enter full screen on youtube it works fine, however after exiting full screen then attempting to go back to it, only about 3/4th of my screen has picture and the rest is just white, anybody else having this issue or know how to fix it?

MacBook Pro 13”, 10.14

Posted on Feb 2, 2019 6:31 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2019 1:57 AM in response to vanskc

I reported this to AppleCare 2 months ago, along with screen shots and video of me going from regular screen to full screen then back again, then repeating those steps. The 2nd return to fullscreen produces the anomaly, after which the screen distortion just gets worse. Re-clicking "YouTube" top left corner also makes it worse, but a refresh usually gets me out of trouble. The AppleCare engineers replied to my case, confirming that they recreated the issue. Watch the updates for a fix, they said. No fix yet, and it's a laughably flagrant bug if you spend any time watching YouTube. Safari in Mojave has embarrassed itself with all manner of screen appearance issues.

Youtube on safari full screen only 3/4th full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.