Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not working properly in some cases

I’m having a very strange problem in which sometimes, Safari on my iPad can not load pages. For example, when I click on a result in my search engine (DuckDuckGo, although the same happens on Google) or sometimes any link, the webpage cannot load and the blue progress bar stops moving. In addition, every once in a while, when I go to the previous page, the progress bar indicates that the page has loaded, yet there is no screen.

Restarting my iPad has not worked, and the problem does not occur on my MacBook Air i5 2014.

iPad Air 2, 12

Posted on Feb 2, 2019 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2019 11:15 PM

What type of connection are you using when the issue occurs? Are you on Wi-Fi or is this a cellular iPad? Safari may be failing to load the pages due to your connection or your settings. I would suggest starting by clearing your website data for Safari. You can do this by going to:

Settings/Safari/Clear History and Website Data

Also on the same page, do you have th setting for “Block all cookies enabled”? If yes, I would recommend disabling this.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2019 11:15 PM in response to jetpakturtle

What type of connection are you using when the issue occurs? Are you on Wi-Fi or is this a cellular iPad? Safari may be failing to load the pages due to your connection or your settings. I would suggest starting by clearing your website data for Safari. You can do this by going to:

Settings/Safari/Clear History and Website Data

Also on the same page, do you have th setting for “Block all cookies enabled”? If yes, I would recommend disabling this.

Safari not working properly in some cases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.