Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blackscreen of death when going to Perform or Layout screens

About a week ago my MacBook Pro (Mojave version 10.14.3) started going to a blackscreen every time I go to the layout or perform screen in mainstage (it has been working fine for 6 months).

Note that when I had the laptop set to auto-start last applications then it would also go to the blackscreen after a restart. I turned that off and now I can get into the laptop and start mainstage. I've not added any additional external instruments in months. Also, when I save I get the black screen of death. Lastly, when I get the black screen of death it is hard to get back to the login screen. It will either not start or start (show the apple symbol and progress bar), beg about half way and then go back to black screen. After trying that a few times it will eventually get back to the login screen. I've tried several recommendations for getting the black screen of death from other forums, but since it can be predictably created from mainstage I think it is related to this. Applications showed no recent updates (not since 1/3) of any apps.

What have I tried?

• I tried creating a new concert off a minimal keyboard one. No luck.
  • I tried deleting my preference file. Restarted the laptop. Reopened Mainstage. Same issue.
  • Reinstalled Mainstage
  • Ensured all audio devices are set to built in. I currently do not have it attached to any external devices.
  • Added a new user profile. Opened Mainstage from there. Same issue.

I'm mainly using built-in sounds and Omnisphere.

Please help!

MacBook Pro 15", 10.14

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2019 10:06 AM

Upon further review: the crashes started happening right after the latest OS update. Forgot about that.

Going to revert and see if that corrects it.

Similar questions

1 reply

Blackscreen of death when going to Perform or Layout screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.