Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen goes black for a few seconds then comes back on.

I've noticed an issue as of late that is happening on my late 2019 16" Macbook Pro. So far the most repeatable instance of this occurring is when I open the program Photoshop (CC). When I open the app, the loading page pops up and it begins loading the application. Then, the screen shuts off (goes dark) for about 1-2 seconds, then comes back on like nothing happened and the app opens shortly after as usual. This is pretty consistent with photoshop but I believe it has happened in other instances where I am loading something. I've tried to reset my "System management controller" my "Pram" and (I think) I've booted in safe mode too. The problem still occurs.... I am concerned as this has never happened before (I've had 3 macbooks in the past) and this computer is brand new too...

Just for your reference this is the 2.3GHz 8-core i9 with 32Gb ddr4 ram so there is no reason this computer should have trouble loading a program with no other applications open at the same time....

Any ideas what the issue is or how to remedy?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:37 PM

Hello!

Just as a questions, are you wearing a watch or bracelet with any magnets? These could shut off and turn back on the computer.

If it isn't this I would recommend booking a Genius Bar appointment, it could be a hardware issue:

https://support.apple.com/contact

2 replies

Screen goes black for a few seconds then comes back on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.