Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL Mail keeps asking for my email password

But only on my desktop and laptop computers. I am good for maybe 30 minutes then it does it again. My iPhones do not have this issue. I changed my password, this did nothing. Suggestions?

AEHaas

MacBook Pro 15", 10.14

Posted on Feb 4, 2019 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 6:47 PM

Well I solved it myself. I deleted the AOL account on the Internet Accounts pref panel again. But instead of adding the account by clicking on the AOL icon (the list starts with iCloud at the top and on the bottom is AOL as you choices). There is another choice below this labelled "Add Another Account". I clicked on this and there is a choice called "Mail Account". Within this is the choice to enter an email address and the account password. I entered my AOL name and password and all is working normal now. Wow. Nobody knew this?? Anyway, it seems as though the problem is solved, at least since early this morning. Thanks for your help.

AEHaas

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2019 6:47 PM in response to CarlAVII

Well I solved it myself. I deleted the AOL account on the Internet Accounts pref panel again. But instead of adding the account by clicking on the AOL icon (the list starts with iCloud at the top and on the bottom is AOL as you choices). There is another choice below this labelled "Add Another Account". I clicked on this and there is a choice called "Mail Account". Within this is the choice to enter an email address and the account password. I entered my AOL name and password and all is working normal now. Wow. Nobody knew this?? Anyway, it seems as though the problem is solved, at least since early this morning. Thanks for your help.

AEHaas

Feb 5, 2019 1:07 PM in response to MoonJ.

Once I enter the password it works fine a 30 minutes or so then signs me out again. This only happened on the desktop and laptop computers since the Mac OS update a few days ago - what was it? 10.14.3?.

The iPhones work fine as always, no issues. I tried making a new AOL password, did nothing different. I also eliminated the AOL account. Then I reentered it back to the Mac. It does the same thing - phones are OK, computers keep asking for passwords every 30 minutes.

AEHaas

Feb 8, 2019 11:43 AM in response to c_luc9

Over the last two days I was on the phone with AOL techs. Today a high level tech accessed remotely my computer. He deleted the AOL account from my computer, put it back on again, deleted again and put it back on again in the Networks pref panel. He went through every possible setting. Again, the iPhones work OK, never had a problem. But on two desktops and two laptops this problem continues, AOL keeps asking for the password every 30-45 minutes or so. He said there is no issues with AOL and that it is a system problem. It occurred on 10.14.3 and also on the public beta of 10.14.4 #1 and #2 on two of my computers so I think the guy is correct. It is an Apple system issue. What should I do next?

AEHaas

May 1, 2019 6:45 AM in response to aehaas

I had the same problem and did exactly what you did last year around August/September with 2 aol accounts. However I am now trying to do the same with a third AOL account but I am not able to. Does anybody know if there is a limit on aol accounts?

Very frustrating! PS: sorry I should have posted the solution long time ago but I didn't think many people were having this problem!

G

AOL Mail keeps asking for my email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.