Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I formated my MacBook now when I want to install it "mavericks"after putting my apple ID and pass it says " this item is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later".

In mind it's to install osx mavericks in my **** computer but it is not working some says install it from app store in MacBook, but my **** MacBook is formated so the **** can I download it from my macbook into usb help me I think in these situations macbook is worse

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2019 10:15 AM

You will only be able to install the most recent version of macOS compatible with your computer. To install the version of macOS originally pre-installed on the computer do the following. Your Macbook must be from Late 2011 or later. Let us know if it is not.

Internet/Network Recovery of El Capitan or Later on a Clean Disk

If possible back up your files before proceeding.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the (Command-Option-Shift-R) keys until a globe appears.
  2. The Utility Menu will appear in from 5-20 minutes. Be patient.
  3. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  4. When Disk Utility loads select the drive (usually, the out-dented entry) from the side list.
  5. Click on the Erase tab in Disk Utility's main window. A panel will drop down.
  6. Set the partition scheme to GUID.
  7. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs only) or Mac OS Extended (Journaled.)
  8. Click on the Apply button, then click on the Done button when it activates.
  9. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  10. Select Reinstall OS X and click on the Continue button.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2019 10:15 AM in response to Khyber Rahime

You will only be able to install the most recent version of macOS compatible with your computer. To install the version of macOS originally pre-installed on the computer do the following. Your Macbook must be from Late 2011 or later. Let us know if it is not.

Internet/Network Recovery of El Capitan or Later on a Clean Disk

If possible back up your files before proceeding.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the (Command-Option-Shift-R) keys until a globe appears.
  2. The Utility Menu will appear in from 5-20 minutes. Be patient.
  3. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  4. When Disk Utility loads select the drive (usually, the out-dented entry) from the side list.
  5. Click on the Erase tab in Disk Utility's main window. A panel will drop down.
  6. Set the partition scheme to GUID.
  7. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs only) or Mac OS Extended (Journaled.)
  8. Click on the Apply button, then click on the Done button when it activates.
  9. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  10. Select Reinstall OS X and click on the Continue button.

I formated my MacBook now when I want to install it "mavericks"after putting my apple ID and pass it says " this item is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.