Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook el capitan

Hello i just purchased a macbook pro mid 2009 from a pawn i work at. i tried to factory reset it and now im stuck on a screen that says OS X UTILITIES

when i try to reinstall el capitan i enter my apple id and it says temporarily unavailable :(

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 1:57 AM

Realize the User ( you ) are the new Owner of said machine so was this method used >> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Then this from Apple About macOS Recovery on Intel-based Mac computers and it will require an Active and Functioning Internet Connection. Preferred method id via Ethernet Cable to Router

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 1:57 AM in response to martigalv

Realize the User ( you ) are the new Owner of said machine so was this method used >> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

Then this from Apple About macOS Recovery on Intel-based Mac computers and it will require an Active and Functioning Internet Connection. Preferred method id via Ethernet Cable to Router

macbook el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.