Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of the slide over app. It keeps popping out when I don’t want it.

All I can find in help is how to create a slide over app and move it off screen, and from side to side. But there is nothing about how to make it go away because it gets in the way all the time when you’re swiping right to left.

iPad Pro, 12

Posted on Feb 7, 2019 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 11:18 AM

Hello Tim Caywood,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you would like to know how to close or disable the Slide Over feature; I'd like to help.

The following support article can help:

Use Multitasking on your iPad

Hope this help.

Best Regards

2 replies

Feb 11, 2019 10:23 AM in response to Leanne_68

While the article did not specifically answer how to get rid of the slide over I did discover that by holding the little bar at top of the slide over window and pulling down it would go into a split-view window which I could then slide off to the right and get rid of.

The article also had a link to using Safari in split view and I was delighted to discover that functionality.

Well done Starr.C and thank you for getting back to me.

How do I get rid of the slide over app. It keeps popping out when I don’t want it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.