Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Videos" app non-functional after upgrading iPad 11.4 => 12.1

"Videos" has worked without problem under iOS 11.

After updating yesterday to 12.1 Videos now crashes immediately after launching.

Not resolved by iPad reset.

? Should "Videos" app be gone, to be replaced by “Apple TV” app ?

“Apple TV” is not to be found on the iPad or in App Store list of Apple Built-in apps.

Help?!

iPad Air 2, 12

Posted on Feb 8, 2019 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 1:04 PM

Might be a bug.

Apple would not know about this, if it is a bug.

iOS upgrades/updates are notorious for always having bugs

Do you have any Apple stores or Apple authorised resellers/service centers you can visit in Iceland?

Could call Apple directly in Cupertino, California U.S.A. via the link here below and talk to customer service about your iPad issue.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2019 1:04 PM in response to douglasfromEik

Might be a bug.

Apple would not know about this, if it is a bug.

iOS upgrades/updates are notorious for always having bugs

Do you have any Apple stores or Apple authorised resellers/service centers you can visit in Iceland?

Could call Apple directly in Cupertino, California U.S.A. via the link here below and talk to customer service about your iPad issue.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Feb 9, 2019 2:04 PM in response to douglasfromEik

Apple is not screwing you around. The fact you don't have the TV app and you have the Video app is more likely nothing more than a naming convention in Iceland and other countries. You have an issue with the Video app on your iPad. This may or may not have something to do with the iOS 12.1.4 udpate or perhaps the Video app is simply experiencing issues there. Either way, you should do as MichelPM suggested and reach out to Apple. I haven't seen other posters with the same issue, so I'm sure Apple would like to know about your issue and I'm sure they'll offer possible solutions.

"Videos" app non-functional after upgrading iPad 11.4 => 12.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.