Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download songs from apple music

Hey there!

I recently encountered a problem with my iPhone 5s. I am unable to download songs from Apple Music. I have tried turning off and on the iCloud music library. It works for like an hour or two and then the same thing happens again. Just to be clear, I am able to download songs on my Mac and I am also able to listen to songs on my iPhone when connected to internetbut it won’t download. Also, when I add a song to my library, the photo of the song also doesn’t come. I have no clue what to do. Please help!

By the way I am on the latest iOS 12.1.4 and have a valid Apple Music subscription.

iPhone 5s, 12

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2019 4:29 AM

Guys now my Apple Music is working fine and I’m able to download too. The thing is that you have to delete any VPN on your iPhone. It worked for me. I deleted all the VPN’s I had and then turned off and on my iCloud music library. It been about 3 weeks and I’m able to download and stream songs.

8 replies

Feb 10, 2019 3:44 PM in response to Aheed Shah

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Aheed Shah.

If I understand your post correctly, you are able to play Apple Music while connected to the internet but you aren't able to download music to your iPhone. I’d like to help.

On your iPhone, tap Settings > Music. Scroll to the Downloads section and tap Optimize Storage. This setting can remove songs you are trying to download if you iPhone is low on space. To make sure that you have enough space available on your iPhone for the music you are trying to download. This guide will show you how:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Feb 16, 2019 2:48 AM in response to Aheed Shah

I’m having exactly the same issue, and I haven’t seen anything helpful from Apple. I have read that you should disable iCloud Music Library and then re-enable it, but you get a warning that says your music will be lost. And I really don’t want that to happen. It’s so %+€?! annoying, because I never had this problem prior to the 2nd last update.

Unable to download songs from apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.