Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download Apple music to iPhone - Grrrrr!

I'm trying to download Apple Music albums to my iPhone. I have followed online Apple Support instructions. The albums I added to my computer are also loaded on the cloud and show up on my iPhone but when I hit the album's download button to download it to my iPhone (the little cloud icon) rotating circles appear next to each song but they never download. Yes, wifi is working and yes I have an Apple Music subscription. Help!

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 8:22 AM

I’ve had the same problem on iPad and iPhone and destroying battery on iPhone. Spent hours (Around 10) since Saturday with Apple to resolve. Couldn’t fault them for their assistance. They came back to me today to say they put a fix in last night. I Thought at first it was just me. Works now for me so if you still have issues shut down your iPad or iPhone and restart and hopefully it will all be ok

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 8:22 AM in response to islandgalkauai

I’ve had the same problem on iPad and iPhone and destroying battery on iPhone. Spent hours (Around 10) since Saturday with Apple to resolve. Couldn’t fault them for their assistance. They came back to me today to say they put a fix in last night. I Thought at first it was just me. Works now for me so if you still have issues shut down your iPad or iPhone and restart and hopefully it will all be ok

Jul 5, 2020 9:44 AM in response to Sanfried

Okay, Apple, hopefully you monitor the communities and get this thing fixed!

The only other factor that may be relevant is that I'm still in my trial subscription to Apple Music. But I can't see how this should be an issue as who would actually start paying if the downloading feature doesn't work? I'm grasping at straws here trying to figure out the problem.

Jul 5, 2020 10:19 AM in response to islandgalkauai

There's a lot of information out there as to how we might be able to solve the problem, I've followed most the them and still nothing helps. It is weird that all of a sudden, both my iPhone and iPad are having issues. Something went wrong on their side and they are trying to solve it, but not fast enough. You'd think that a HUGE tech company like Apple would be able to get it together. Or at least keep testing the iOS before releasing it. I have friends with Androids and they don't have the same issue, at least not that often. I'm such an Apple guy though. It would be too much work to transfer everything over, and what about all the music purchased on iTunes, I'm sure it's 100% protected by Apple. Wait and see I guess. In the meantime, I'm using tons of cell data to play music on my runs!

Jul 6, 2020 1:29 AM in response to lucblanchet

There are already Threads on Reddit and Macrumors about this Specific Problem.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/new-ipad-pro-wont-download-apple-music.2244408/post-28643078

This drives me crazy. On my Devices Only Apple Music Files are loadable. Everything else from my Library doesn't load. This means Matche and Uploaded Songs. I have this issue on my iPhone X and my iPad Pro. But not on my iMac which runs Catalina.

I think it started on Friday Morning. Also I've had terrible Battery Drain since this Problem occurs. I've checked the Battery Settings and the Music App runs wild in the Background.

Jul 6, 2020 6:04 AM in response to islandgalkauai

I'm having the exact same problem, over the last few days, with downloading music (Apple Music, Matched, and Purchased) on two seperate devices - an iPhone 8 running iOS 13.5.1 and an iPhone Xs Max running the public beta of 3.6 (beta 3). Both started with the same problem at the same time. Both have well over 200gb of space left on them.

I have tried:

Stopping the Music app by swiping it up.

Offloading the Music app

Deleting the Music app

Turning off library sync, reboot, resync

Reset network setting.

Different WiFi, and 4G

All with reboots and restarts along the way. On both devices. Multiple times.

I cannot download more than a couple of songs before the rest start spinning. Tried albums, small playlists, big playlists. One by one works for the first few, then I get the same results as albums/playlists.

The fact that it is across different devices, and others are having the same issue, points to an Apple service problem?

Any help appreciated.

Jul 9, 2020 8:19 AM in response to islandgalkauai

I’ve had the same problem on iPad and iPhone and destroying battery on iPhone. Spent hours (Around 10) since Saturday with Apple to resolve. Couldn’t fault them for their assistance. They came back to me today to say they put a fix in last night. Thought at first it was just me. Works now for me so if you still have issues shut down your iPad or iPhone and restart and hopefully it will all be ok

Jul 9, 2020 8:20 AM in response to MPhippen

I’ve had the same problem on iPad and iPhone and destroying battery on iPhone. Spent hours (Around 10) since Saturday with Apple to resolve. Couldn’t fault them for their assistance. They came back to me today to say they put a fix in last night. Thought at first it was just me. Works now for me so if you still have issues shut down your iPad or iPhone and restart and hopefully it will all be ok

Can't download Apple music to iPhone - Grrrrr!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.