Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime icon greyed out

The FaceTime video chat icon is grayed out in the messages app. I did not change any of my settings and the icon is like that for all of my contacts. Even the contacts that have iPhones. Someone please help. I’ve tried everything only got my iMessage and FaceTime up and running because I had an activation problem and don’t want to turn it off Incase it doesn’t let me in again what do I do someone please help ???

Posted on Feb 9, 2019 9:46 PM

5 replies

Feb 9, 2019 10:07 PM in response to hazel104

Update to iOS 12.1.4. This may solve the issue

iOS 12.1.4

iOS 12.1.4 provides important security updates and is recommended for all users.

For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222 

Apple security updates

This document lists security updates for Apple software.

About Apple security updates

For our customers' protection, Apple doesn't disclose, discuss, or confirm security issues until an investigation has occurred and patches or releases are available. This document lists recent releases.

For more information about security, see the Apple Product Security page.

Get the latest software updates from Apple

Keeping your software up to date is one of the most important things you can do to maintain your Apple product's security.

About iOS 12 Updates - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT209084

FaceTime icon greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.