Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import iweb site to a modern cms?

I have an iweb site with over 100 pages that I need to import to Wordpress or something. It seems I am about 7 years late. It is basically a public service website, not making any money on it, so I don't want to spend any money on it (although I have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find a solution). It got dropped from a server and I haven't been able to get it back up (maybe hosts don't work with iweb any more). I can still open it offline in Firefox from my desktop. I'd like to edit it also, and iweb has stopped working on my computer. So I'm pretty much done with iweb, although I would be open to a free hosting solution.

So any relatively easy software still out there to convert to Wordpress, etc.?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 11, 2019 10:18 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 4, 2019 2:37 AM in response to aulljon

Unfortunately, if you now want a Wordpress website, building the new website from scratch. So you will basically have to start again from scratch. You can copy and paste of course, but iWeb cannot be imported.

Hosting iWeb has nothing to do with a host not working with iWeb - once published, it does not matter how it was built - all the html files are the same and are uploaded to the host, so nothing to do with iWeb.

Wordpress should not cost you anything, only the hosting fees. Wordpress.org itself is free, so you just pay the cost of hosting and install Wordpress directly onto your server. Could not be easier - choose the theme you want - if you can't find one you want, you can purchase one.

I had to re-build my site twice - I started with iWeb and then converted to a CMS Drupal. This site kept crashing - think that was a mixture of my host and Drupal updates, so in the end I took it down changed hosts and re-built my site in Wordpress and have had no further problems.

Import iweb site to a modern cms?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.