Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Mojave Downloads

Hi!

I have recently been having issues with my MacBook Pro. I try to download apps such as Adobe Flash-player or Google Chrome from safari, although afterwards, when I try to open the application, I get a message saying ... " “install_flash_player_osx.dmg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash. ". When I attempt to switch the settings in System Preferences under "Allow apps downloaded from: ", I switch it from "App Store" ...to... "App Store and Identified developers" . Then, when I go back onto System Preferences, it has automatically switched back to only allowing downloads to come from the option of " App Store". ..... I have done a lot of research and watched quite a few videos on this problem and still haven't been able to figure it out. Please help !!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", 10.11

Posted on Feb 11, 2019 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2019 12:22 PM

If you get a popup for a Flash Player update— I would be more than a little leary of following through.

Go to >System Preferences>Flash Player>Updates

check for and update from here.

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac OS Mojave Downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.