Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing contacts between a Mac and iCloud.

If I add a new contact to the Contacts App on my Mac, the new contact also shows up on iCloud (so everything seems to be connected correctly). BUT, I would say that perhaps 50% of the older contacts in the Contacts App on my Mac never find their way to iCloud.

The suggested solution (on line) is go to System Preferences, iCloud and un-click the Contacts App check box, wait a while and re-click the check box. That does not help. I have even rebooted between un-clicking the Contacts App check box and then re-clicking the Contacts App check box. That didn't work either.

There must be a better way of forcing contacts sync to occur between the Apple Contacts App and iCloud other that fruitlessly un-clicking and re-clicking check boxes (which is being ignored).

And manually downloading a hundred or so vCards and re-uploading them to the Contacts (after comparing one list of contacts against the other) is not an elegant solution (but that does force the re-loaded contacts to sync over to iCloud).

MacBook Pro 13", 10.14

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 3:09 PM

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2019 3:09 PM in response to MacPat

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Syncing contacts between a Mac and iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.