Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

INCORRECT WIFI PASSWORD - TRIED EVERYTHING

I have an iPhone 8

After the last iOS update, my iPhone can no longer connect to my work wifi network. I had been automatically connecting using that password for many months, but now it only says incorrect password. I tried typing in the correct password manually and verified that it is correct with the office administrator.

I have tried:

Selecting Other and typing in the SSID, security type, and password manually.

Turned WIFI off and back on again on the iPhone

Reset Network Settings

Rebooted the iPhone

I even tried disabling WIFI assist

(Note: the option to Forget This Network is not available for some reason. It only has Join This Network when I click on the i in the circle)

I tried having my colleague share the WIFI password with me using this feature. She is connected on her device, but my device says the password is incorrect.

I have verified that the iPhone is able to connect to other WIFI networks, such as the one at the local cafe, as well as my home WIFI

My iPhone has iOS 12.1.2

I am attempting to update to 12.1.4 but, because I am not able to connect to the WIFI network, am told that I cannot do the update since I am not connected to WIFI.

Because this WIFI is at work, I am not permitted to reset the router. No one else here is having this problem with this WIFI.

Zane

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 10:27 PM

That is the most unhelpful response I have ever received from anyone, on any support issue.

I took my iPhone to the IT Director at work, he cheked all settings, and he also could not get the iphone to connect to the wifi network. He rebooted the router but still no success

Similar questions

18 replies

Mar 14, 2019 2:41 AM in response to Dogcow-Moof

I have the same problem as zanestein, I can't connect to my home wifi. I've been connected to my home wifi for almost a year with my iPhone 8plus and now it's showing me [Incorrect wifi Password for "***"(my wifi name).] but my Macbook seems to work just fine. I never sign in the password for my macbook pro as it iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.

Now my macbook is connected to my home wifi with no problem but my iPhone isn't. And I already updated the software to the latest one just now yet still not working. is there any other solution?

Apr 9, 2019 7:18 PM in response to zanestein

Still cannot access the specific wifi network.

Renew Lease, or Forget This Network, are not available. The only option when I click on the letter i next to the network is a screen where I can Join This Network (which does not work when I try it...I still get Incorrect Password), Configure IP, Configure DNS or Configure Proxy.

Feb 12, 2019 10:51 PM in response to zanestein

Let me make things very clear here according to my understanding and study.

I have gone through complete literature and review of iOS 12.1.3 & 12.1.4 on various news media and on Apple web page including leading news magazines (Forbes). It's my hobby and passion to do so.

No where I could find any link on the problem of "Wifi Password" faced by you. Introspect and have a complete and thorough check on the way you handle settings on your iPhone.

Mar 14, 2019 9:08 PM in response to seanfromllanelli

Yes, I am sure it would fix the issue. But I don't have a problem connecting to any other wifi of any type, in any location. I am not experiencing problems with any other iPhone functions, and all of my apps work problem free as well.

That is way, way too much work, when everything else works without a problem, just to allow me to get wifi in one specific location.

So no, I will not do that. If no solution is found, I will just not use wifi in that one location.

Apr 10, 2019 1:59 AM in response to zanestein

Renewing the lease only seemed to be a temporary fix, I think my problem lied with my Virgin media router, I’ve since bought a Ubiquiti wireless access point which is plugged into my old router (I’ve switched Virgin’s WiFi off in the router settings) and I’ve had no problems and much better WiFi coverage throughout my home.

May 5, 2019 5:18 PM in response to zanestein

I am having the same problem as zanestein, with ipad-pro 12.1.4. It used to connect just fine, then one day I found it completely discharged, recharged it and now it does not recognize the password. All other devices on the same wi-fi network are working just fine. I tried rebooting, resetting, all of the suggested steps with no luck.

Zanestein, have you solved the problem? If so, could you please post the solution?

Thanks!

May 5, 2019 5:54 PM in response to Imakia

You're welcome. It's sounds strange, because all other devices were working. But sometimes a router loses the ability to assign IP addresses. Devices already connected have an IP address, so they don't need to have one assigned, but a device that hasn't connected recently will need a new one and can't get it. This mostly happens with mobile devices that connect and disconnect frequently. The technical term is "DHCP daemon crashed." Rebooting the router restarts the DHCP daemon. This is much less frequently a problem with newer routers.

INCORRECT WIFI PASSWORD - TRIED EVERYTHING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.