Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 10.4 sees iPhoto library but not photos app

Has anyone found a solution to this bug yet? I have this problem on my powerhouse Mac Pro as well as on my maxed out MacBook Pro. They both see the iPhoto’s app library (haven’t used that in many years but keep it as a backup) but not the photos app library. Thanks to anyone who has any tips! Final cut I have is 10.4 and I do not want to upgrade it if possible as I have it working how I want. I use high Sierra and machines are all maxed out with best processors and max ram, ssd main drives and hybrid secondary drives for max speed. Thanks!

Mac Pro, 10.13

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 1:32 PM

Actually with 4 more hours of searching I found the solution! It should be automatic but you need to go to photos, preferences (command I) and under general select “use as system photo library”. This added photos library AND kept the iPhone library! I’ve been trying to figure this out for months so I’m very glad I discovered this! I hope this helps anyone else who’s had this difficulty too!

Thanksluis for your reply! Wish I had asked this when 8 first had the issue!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2019 1:32 PM in response to Mac is Us

Actually with 4 more hours of searching I found the solution! It should be automatic but you need to go to photos, preferences (command I) and under general select “use as system photo library”. This added photos library AND kept the iPhone library! I’ve been trying to figure this out for months so I’m very glad I discovered this! I hope this helps anyone else who’s had this difficulty too!

Thanksluis for your reply! Wish I had asked this when 8 first had the issue!

Final Cut Pro 10.4 sees iPhoto library but not photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.