Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The volume “/“ is out of space “Download Error”

I am so frustrated that I pay $9.99 a month for 2TB of iCloud storage and I’m unable to download my video from the Files App. My video is 4.28GB and once I attempt to download it I get the error message “The volume “/“ is out of space” BUT WHY??? I have more then 1TB of storage available? I need help or I will have to downgrade my storage because it’s useful.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Feb 13, 2019 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2019 7:51 AM

Hello shaecarter,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when you download a video from the Files app you are prompted with a message that you are out of storage even though you have 1 TB of iCloud storage. When you download something it downloads into the phone storage and not iCloud storage. You may need to free up some of your iPhone storage in order to download the video. The following article will provide you with information on managing your iPhone storage which you may find useful:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2019 7:51 AM in response to shaecarter

Hello shaecarter,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that when you download a video from the Files app you are prompted with a message that you are out of storage even though you have 1 TB of iCloud storage. When you download something it downloads into the phone storage and not iCloud storage. You may need to free up some of your iPhone storage in order to download the video. The following article will provide you with information on managing your iPhone storage which you may find useful:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

The volume “/“ is out of space “Download Error”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.