Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth in vehicle not working after iOS 12.1.4 update

Bluetooth in car not working after IOS 12.1.4 update .... uninstalled in car and re-paired it and still car does not Recognize

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 8:42 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2019 7:16 PM in response to nanette186

Did some more testing with this issue. Along with the other changes I made in my previous post. I changed the text messages notifications to display on lock screen. I also turned on airplane mode: settings>airplane mode, then I shut my phone off while in airplane mode, turned my phone back on, and then shut off airplane mode. Now text messaging is working on my car Bluetooth along with other Bluetooth features. I drive a 2015 Toyota Corolla. Remember under Bluetooth, your vehicle, show notifications has to be turned on....and you have to find willing participants to send you text messages while you are sitting in your car with your car and the Bluetooth function turned on to test this!

Feb 25, 2019 2:46 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Same problem as KB1966. Ever since upgrading to IOS 12.1.4 my car Bluetooth won’t recognize text messages?? It will recognize music and phone calls. My car is compatible-called manufacturer. Manufacturer said the issue is with Apple’s latest update. I did everything as far as trying to fix this—deleted phone, paired it again, made sure ‘show notifications’ under Bluetooth was turned on. Unchecked and rechecked all the boxes on my car bluetooth that have to do with messages. Any other ideas Apple??? Toyota said this issue has happened in the past with other IOS upgrades! Everything worked fine before I upgraded my phone-not happy!

Bluetooth in vehicle not working after iOS 12.1.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.