Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessibility of a double tap

I have question regarding double tap speed within a text box. I have a student who need a longer duration for a double tap to activate the edit feature within a text box. This student does not need/use the voice over feature and I don't see any other way to adjust the tap speed in order to allow this student to be independent with typing/editing text on the iPad.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 9:08 PM

Have you tried using AssistiveTouch? This feature can simulate any gesture on the system using a single tap. You can try it out in Settings>General>Accessibility>AssistiveTouch. If you tap Custom in the AssistiveTouch menu, you can select double tap, and then tap anywhere on the screen to simulate the double tap action. You can also record new gestures in AssistiveTouch settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2019 9:08 PM in response to jnooncota

Have you tried using AssistiveTouch? This feature can simulate any gesture on the system using a single tap. You can try it out in Settings>General>Accessibility>AssistiveTouch. If you tap Custom in the AssistiveTouch menu, you can select double tap, and then tap anywhere on the screen to simulate the double tap action. You can also record new gestures in AssistiveTouch settings.

Accessibility of a double tap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.