Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice control

Is there a way to use voice control to tap on the floating AssistiveTouch button?

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 5:11 AM

Hi there,

Yes indeed you can.

The best way would be:

When Voice Control and Assistive touch are both on you will see the floating AssistiveTouch button. It won't work with the "Show Numbers" command, however if you use "show grid" and select the grid where the AssistiveTouch button is, it will tap it.

However it is important to note, that a lot of the commands offered by Assistive touch can be done verbally with Voice control on, therefore you shouldn't really need the AssistiveTouch button with Voice Control on. Let me know what you are trying to achieve with the AssistiveTouch button and I will let you know if there is a way to achieve that task by only using Voice Control.

I hope this helps

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 5:11 AM in response to magpie186

Hi there,

Yes indeed you can.

The best way would be:

When Voice Control and Assistive touch are both on you will see the floating AssistiveTouch button. It won't work with the "Show Numbers" command, however if you use "show grid" and select the grid where the AssistiveTouch button is, it will tap it.

However it is important to note, that a lot of the commands offered by Assistive touch can be done verbally with Voice control on, therefore you shouldn't really need the AssistiveTouch button with Voice Control on. Let me know what you are trying to achieve with the AssistiveTouch button and I will let you know if there is a way to achieve that task by only using Voice Control.

I hope this helps

Nov 3, 2020 9:27 AM in response to magpie186

There are voice commands as follows

"Rotate to Landscape"

"Rotate to portrait"

"Reboot Device"

For a full list of commands go to:

Settings>Accessibility>Voice Control>Customise commands

Select a category e.g. "Device"

You will then see a list of commands available in Voice Control

PS I could not get the "Rotate..." Commands to work on my phone - but wasn't sure I was using in the right places - maybe you will have more luck. Let me know if it works for you.

Voice control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.