Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How stable and reliable is MainStage 3?

I'm trying out Mainstage with my new Keylab Essentials 61controller with the idea of using in live performance. General query: is Mainstage really stable and reliable enough live? So far, I'm encountering bugs that could really panic me in performance. Like I will get no MIDI connection. Need to unplug USB and replug a couple times. Miraculously, it returns. Also, things I thought I had mapped are not so when I return to the patch. Comments.

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 6:27 AM

It's very stable, but take a lot of time to learn and test your setup before live performance. As for losing connection, try using a different USB cable. When you change settings in a patch, save the concert while that patch is still selected to lock it into memory. Another possibility for unexpected changes to your channel strips lies in the concert settings. Select the concert folder at the top of the patch list. In the concert settings area, uncheck the send unassigned MIDI to all channel strips box. This will prevent some unintended MIDI messages from changing your settings.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2019 6:27 AM in response to cherisykes

It's very stable, but take a lot of time to learn and test your setup before live performance. As for losing connection, try using a different USB cable. When you change settings in a patch, save the concert while that patch is still selected to lock it into memory. Another possibility for unexpected changes to your channel strips lies in the concert settings. Select the concert folder at the top of the patch list. In the concert settings area, uncheck the send unassigned MIDI to all channel strips box. This will prevent some unintended MIDI messages from changing your settings.

How stable and reliable is MainStage 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.