Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar app keeps crashing after update to High Sierra

I updated to High Sierra today and my Calendar app won't work. It tries to update the calendars and then crashes every time. (I have my calendars synced on iCloud across several devices.) Any help would be appreciated.

iMac 21.5", 10.11

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2019 5:18 PM

Deleting additional .plist files would not be necessary.

Follow the steps listed in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262 and turn off the Birthday Calendar.

Perhaps I can provide a better reply in several days when I have my computer available.

3 replies

Feb 15, 2019 6:59 AM in response to Cindy Obermeyer

Backup your calendars.

Disconnect from the internet, then paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

Re-connect to the internet.

Feb 15, 2019 7:22 AM in response to Ferd II

Okay, that didn't work yet. Do I also need to move the files that say:

com.apple.iCal.Alarm.plist

com.apple.iCal.Alarm.plist.lockfile

com.apple.iCal.alarmsCache.plist

com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist

com.apple.iCal.helper.plist

com.apple.iCal.helper.plist.lockfile

com.apple.iCal.plist (I deleted this once but when I tried to open iCal again it created another one)

com.apple.iCal.plist.lockfile

Also, got a huge error report. Not sure but this might be helpful:

Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: '*** +[CalEntityDescription insertNewObjectForEntityForName:inManagedObjectContext:obtainPermanentID:]: could not obtain permanent id for BirthdayCalendar with error Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=134020 "The model configuration used to open the store is incompatible with the one that was used to create the store." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingException=Can't resolve how to assign objects to stores; Coordinator does not have any stores}'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

abort() called

Thanks so much!!

Calendar app keeps crashing after update to High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.