Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple chat

I'm trying to contact apple support, but I don't get the option to chat online. My iphone doesn't have service, and that's the problem I'm trying to get help with. How can I contact them online?

iPhone 7, 12

Posted on Feb 14, 2019 8:33 PM

8 replies

Feb 24, 2019 4:18 PM in response to babowa

I received a message only iPhone which is probably a scam, the usual "congratulations - we are celebrating 1billion hours of Youtube watching and you are 1 of 10 users selected for a free iPhone X", etc. I have not clicked the OK button, nor have I answered questions about youtube usage, but I did click on listed reviews. Will that have compromised my iPhone's security?

Feb 24, 2019 4:34 PM in response to blunderbabe

I don't get that kind of stuff (I don't use youtube or any social media); but, just don't click on anything. Don't trust any "offers" or "we can help" - it's all a scam. And no, as long as you did not give out any info, you should be fine.

@blunderbabe:

First, it is best to start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's. The reason you can't find a chat line is because there isn't one.

This is also not a "chatline". These are user to user online tech support question/answer forums, populated by volunteers. Chat implies instantaneous replies, which you may or may not get here. Any of us may or may not have time to help; if we do, we will look through the posts and post an answer when we think we can help. Since these are worldwide forums, it may be tomorrow before you get a reply.

If either of you need to contact Apple, start by clicking on the "contact support" link in the upper right corner of this page. It's a triage process: you tell them what you need help with, answer some questions, and Apple will offer some options at the end. That could be a chat or a phone call or a visit to the Genius Bar - whatever appears to be most appropriate for your particular problem.

Apple chat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.