Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second email in Apple ID

I have a second email in 'Reachable at' which is an xxx@icould.com email, that is different from my actual email. I must have accidentally done something at one time to set this up, but mail is being sent from that wrong email instead of the one I want it to come from. I've gone into appleid.apple.com to try and manage under the appleid@apple.com but the one I want to get rid of is greyed out and says 'This is an alias of your Apple ID email address'. If I go into icloud.com and click on Mail and try to Edit the Account to change the password then it doesn't give me an edit option, just the option to create an alias with @icloud.com as the ending of the email address. I can log into Appleid and iCloud.com using both email addresses though? It gives the same info for each when I do, as though they were the one and the same email. I want to get rid of the extra one linked under my Apple ID but can't edit it anywhere as it won't allow me. Help please!!

iPad Air, 12

Posted on Feb 16, 2019 7:02 PM

Similar questions

13 replies

Feb 17, 2019 6:43 PM in response to justanapplelover

This is what works for me. I open the Mail app and select my iCloud mailbox. I then tap the new email at the top right. I get a new email where the 2nd line down is Cc/Bcc, From and it has my iCloud email address. I tap that line and now have a separate From line with my iCloud email address in it. I tap on the address in the From line and get the option to choose another alias as From.

Feb 17, 2019 8:04 PM in response to Eric Root

Sorry, I've gone on my phone and clicked the Mail App, then Inbox. To open a new email I have to click bottom right where there is a pencil in a box. When I do this the top strip has 'Cancel' in blue at top left, 'New Message' in bold black in the middle and a greyed out 'Send' at top right. The fields under this are just 'To', 'CC/Bcc' and 'Subject'. I do notice though that the 'alias' email is already filled in under the Cc/Bcc field. I Can't click on anything and find a 'From' field.

Feb 18, 2019 7:37 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi, I've just created another alias , so now it does give me a 'From' field. The drop down arrow now just has the option of the 2 email addresses, this new alias I've just set up, and the 'alias' that I don't want as my primary email address. (Apple ID Edit field said the previous one was an alias of my email when I click the little grey question mark that's beside it). It doesn't give me a choice to select my primary email address at all.

I can log into iCloud.com with the primary email and the 'problem' alias using the same password (but the alias I've just created I can't do this). When I'm logged into iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com all of the information is the same in both, whether I've logged on with the primary or alias email. Eg. under iCloud.com it just says the email is the alias I don't want as the primary, and now only has the one new alias I've just created as 1 of 3 available. I would expect my primary email to be under 'Email', and there to be 2 aliases listed out of 3. Anyway, if I then go into Appleid.apple.com under the different logins it says my apple id is my primary email, and that Reachable At is: my primary email, my mobile number, the problem alias and my new alias just set up.

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. All I want is to deactivate the problem alias with a little red circle with the negative sign in it, but when I get to that area all it's giving me the option of doing is deactivating my primary email or my new alias ;(

Second email in Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.