Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to High Sierra from El Capitan, and syncing my iphone, ibooks ios content has dissapeared!

After upgrading to High Sierra from El Capitan, and syncing my iphone, ibooks content on my iphone has dissapeared (and it no longer shows up in iTunes). How do I get my collection of pdfs back onto my iphone from my Mac? They are showing up fine in iBooks on my mac, but on the iphone I just see the names of the collections, no actual books.

Please help! Thanks.

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 1:44 PM

Hello idnemrok,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about syncing books between your devices.

If I understand correctly, you see your PDF files available in iBooks, but when you connect your device and go to the device summary, followed by Books, the PDFs do not show as available to sync. Is that right?

By any chance, have you recently started using iCloud Drive on either device? It sounds possible that they may be synced to iCloud Drive and that this feature needs to be turned on for your iOS device. To do this, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Drive; there, make sure that Books is switched on. Then, tap Settings > Books, and make sure iCloud Drive is on here as well. This link has some great information about how you can See your books on all your devices in Books.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2019 1:44 PM in response to idnemrok

Hello idnemrok,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about syncing books between your devices.

If I understand correctly, you see your PDF files available in iBooks, but when you connect your device and go to the device summary, followed by Books, the PDFs do not show as available to sync. Is that right?

By any chance, have you recently started using iCloud Drive on either device? It sounds possible that they may be synced to iCloud Drive and that this feature needs to be turned on for your iOS device. To do this, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Drive; there, make sure that Books is switched on. Then, tap Settings > Books, and make sure iCloud Drive is on here as well. This link has some great information about how you can See your books on all your devices in Books.

Cheers!

After upgrading to High Sierra from El Capitan, and syncing my iphone, ibooks ios content has dissapeared!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.