Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad 2

I bought a ipad off eBay form someone with good feedback. They have reset the pad but it's saying to me ipad disabled connect to iTunes. When I go to iTunes to restore ect it's saying I pad not found how do i get this to work please.

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 17, 2019 5:02 PM

54 replies

Feb 19, 2019 12:22 PM in response to Howarduk82

Its a British email. It likely belongs to the person who sold you the iPad. You will need to contact them so they can remove it from their account.

Activation lock cannot be bypassed. You will require the password for that Apple ID or for the owner of that Apple ID to remove it from heir account.

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Feb 20, 2019 4:11 AM in response to Howarduk82

Sorry this happened. This is yet another example of deals too good to be true, which as you've now learned wan't a good deal at all. Multiple times a day people come here asking how to bypass activation lock in the iPad they just got from eBay. DON'T buy a used iPad on eBay. Here's a link to Apple Refurbished options. Buying a refurbished iPad directly from Apple comes with a warranty and is guaranteed to be ready to be activated.

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/ipad?afid=p238%7CgdBmhqj1-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_78408974885691_&cid=aos-us-kwbi-ipad--slid--apple+refurbished+ipad-be-product-

Feb 19, 2019 10:36 AM in response to Howarduk82

It's indicating your iPad is Activation Locked to someones Apple ID. If you don't know this person or can't reach them, you can't use the iPad and Apple will NOT bypass activation lock for ANYONE other than the person who put the lock there and can prove by receipt they are the original owner of the iPad.

The screen shot she sent you is worthless. She must remove the device from iCloud and the device needs to be reset back to factory for you to use it. If she can't do that, again, it's worthless to you.

Feb 19, 2019 10:46 AM in response to Howarduk82

Interesting. You edited out the information showing the iPad is activation locked. Why did you do that? It's ACTIVATION LOCKED. You can't get past that. And the screen shot you showed she sent you, means absolutely nothing. Either she removes the device from the cloud per the link posted above or you need to give up on using this device. And Apple isn't going to remove the device from iCloud. You don't know the Apple ID or Password. So they won't remove it at all.

Feb 19, 2019 10:49 AM in response to Howarduk82

Without the original owner’s Apple ID and password to unlock the device to reset it to a default, factory state, there is no way you will ever get that iPad to work.

Apple will not help to defeat Activation Lock, either.

If you cannot get help from the person who sold you this device, try and return this iPad and attempt to get your money back as, currently, you have a useless electronic paperweight.

Next time purchase a new or refurbished iPad from Apple or purchase a new iPad from an Apple authorised reseller, or if you insist on purchasing used Apple mobile devices, do a search for a reputable Apple product reseller that sell older Apple products that are known to be “clean” and Activation Lock free.

Somebody like this.

https://www.powermax.com/new/apple/ipad/

I have been buying used Apple Products from this store/online store for many years.

Best of Luck to You!

Feb 19, 2019 11:05 AM in response to Howarduk82

OK....sorry. The face remains you bought an Activation Locked iPad which you can do nothing with unless the person who put the activation lock on the device removes it. I could be the person you bought it from and if it is get them to do it. If however, the person you bought the iPad from cannot remove activation lock, there's a high probability you purchased a stolen iPad and the seller won't be able to help you at all.

Feb 19, 2019 11:06 AM in response to Howarduk82

OK....sorry. The fact remains you bought an Activation Locked iPad which you can do nothing with unless the person who put the activation lock on the device removes it. It could be the person you bought it from and if it is get them to remove Activation Lock. If however, the person you bought the iPad from cannot remove activation lock, there's a high probability you purchased a stolen iPad and the seller won't be able to help you at all.

Feb 19, 2019 11:42 AM in response to Howarduk82

I bought off eBay so I could maybe get money back from them it's long winded I know .

Just be sure you pay attention to deadlines, that's the number of days you must wait before filing a complaint to Ebay. I have a friend who got burned (buying the 1st gen iPhone when it came out some 12 years ago). She complained to Ebay but they told her to give it more time. She waited longer and passed the deadline to file a complaint. Long story short, she was out $600+ and never went back to Ebay.

I pad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.