Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won't update

My wife and I just bought our first MacBook. It was set up with her Apple ID and I added mine as a second user. There are 5 apps in the app store that say they need to update, however, when either of us tries to update the apps, we get the following message:

There are only 2 Apple IDs on the MacBook, and we just bought it new from the Apple Store a couple of days ago.

The apps are Garage Band, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and iMovie.

How can I update these apps?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 18, 2019 7:53 PM

3 replies

Feb 19, 2019 6:12 AM in response to JoshKes

I agree it is confusing and it was only because you said the Mac was new that something clicked and I remembered a similar situation posted here a few weeks ago and the reason for it. Thanks for posting a good description of the issue.

I suggest you send a note to Apple about it. Don't expect a reply but it will make them aware of it.

Apple products feedback links - http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Feb 18, 2019 8:11 PM in response to Limnos

Thank you. I read this suggestion on a different post but it was about buying a used MacBook and it implied it was because the old user hadn't properly signed out of everything. I didn't expect it would be the same issue on a brand new MacBook. That seems like something that a company as polished as Apple would have solved by now.

Thanks again, though. That just solved a 2-hours-long headache!

Apps won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.