Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup not working on all my devices

Hi,

For two weeks now my devices (2 iPads, one iPhone XS) have not been updated to iCloud. When I try to manually initiate the backup (by tapping on "Backup now", it seems to start, only to stop after a fraction of a second, with the following error message:

The last backup could not be completed

So far I have checked/tried the following:

• logged into iCloud from a browser: works fine
  • reset connection settings
  • logout/log in from iCloud
  • restart device
  • disable/enable back up
  • checked available iCloud storage (about 1TB left)

Nothing seems to work, and it's affecting all my devices, which are on three different iOS versions:

• iPad Air: 12.1.1
  • iPad Pro 10.5: 12.1.3
  • iPhone XS: 12.1.4

Does anyone have an idea what could potentially block my backup?

Thanks,

Marc

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 11:24 AM

I have issues from time to time with iCloud backups, but I am always able to get them to work successfully in the end. Have you tried resetting ALL settings? I know that you reset network settings, but you could give that a try on one device.

When you reset all settings, you have to go back and enter all of the device settings again. It isn’t the end of the world, but it takes some time to get everything the way that it was and it does remove all WiFi network passwords so if you use Keychains with iCloud, you lose the passwords on all of your devices and you will have to join previously know networks all over again on each device.

I just can’t imagine why iCloud backups fail on all of your devices. That would seem to indicate to me, corruption in your iCloud account since it happens on all three devices.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2019 11:24 AM in response to marcbybron

I have issues from time to time with iCloud backups, but I am always able to get them to work successfully in the end. Have you tried resetting ALL settings? I know that you reset network settings, but you could give that a try on one device.

When you reset all settings, you have to go back and enter all of the device settings again. It isn’t the end of the world, but it takes some time to get everything the way that it was and it does remove all WiFi network passwords so if you use Keychains with iCloud, you lose the passwords on all of your devices and you will have to join previously know networks all over again on each device.

I just can’t imagine why iCloud backups fail on all of your devices. That would seem to indicate to me, corruption in your iCloud account since it happens on all three devices.

Feb 19, 2019 12:06 PM in response to marcbybron

I have no idea what could be affecting your account. Nothing else makes sense to me other than the account being corrupt, but what do I know?

You should probably contact Apple and ask them for help. If you live near an Apple Store, you could make an appointment at a Genius Bar and get help that way. If you have the Apple Support app, (available in the App Store) you can get support that way as well.

iCloud backup not working on all my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.