Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a used ipod and now cannot install the audible app

The message is that the app is not compatible with the ipod

Posted on Feb 19, 2019 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 4:47 PM

Hey Elgey,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're wondering about a compatibility message you're seeing when you try to download the Audible app, and I wanted to reach out with some information that may help you understand why that's happening. First off, I went ahead and looked at the App Store page for Audible and found that it requires at least iOS 11 to be compatible. Now, I don't know which model of iPod you purchased, but depending on its model, it may not be able to update to iOS 11. Here's a list of every device iOS 11 is compatible with: iOS 11 is compatible with these devices - Apple Support

If you find that your iPod model is simply too old to access the software version required by Audible, you'll have to contact the developers of the app to see if they have any alternative options for you.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2019 4:47 PM in response to Elgey

Hey Elgey,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're wondering about a compatibility message you're seeing when you try to download the Audible app, and I wanted to reach out with some information that may help you understand why that's happening. First off, I went ahead and looked at the App Store page for Audible and found that it requires at least iOS 11 to be compatible. Now, I don't know which model of iPod you purchased, but depending on its model, it may not be able to update to iOS 11. Here's a list of every device iOS 11 is compatible with: iOS 11 is compatible with these devices - Apple Support

If you find that your iPod model is simply too old to access the software version required by Audible, you'll have to contact the developers of the app to see if they have any alternative options for you.

Cheers!

I purchased a used ipod and now cannot install the audible app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.