Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Apple Menu- some items not opening

I just rebuilt my system on a new boot drive and now I can't make use of all the items in the Apple menu. When I click on System profiler, About this Mac, or System Information, nothing happens. I'm running High Sierra.

Mac Pro, 10.13

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 4:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 4:56 AM

Perhaps this helps:

shutdown.

Start while holding the CMD+R key, this opens (slowly) in the Recovery Partition.

Select Install MacOs,

this will re-install the running Macos, without touching your user data (but of course you have backups).

At the end restart.

4 replies

Feb 20, 2019 4:55 AM in response to Birck Cox

Me again. This is an edit to my previous post- System Information and About This Mac can't be opened. I was trying to find out if I could upgrade to Mojave; can't, because SI is unavailable. This happened after a rebuild of my system from Time Machine. Is there a way to re-install OS 10.13.6 over the current OS without wiping the disc? Now that Mojave has become standard, High Sierra is not always available. I don't know if my Graphics board is metal-capable.

Problems with Apple Menu- some items not opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.