Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch charging sound every 2-5 minutes

I used my apple watch for more than 6 months without any issue. Then, soon I updated the watch with latest software last month, it started to make ding noise every 3-5 minutes, and that noise started to make soon the watch reached hundred percent of charge. I took it to Geniuos Bar, sent it for repair, then it was replaced with a new apple watch by the local Apple Store, which I received day before yesterday. Since then, no noise came out from this new watch while on charge. All good. I was happy as I did not have to wake up in the middle of night for this ding noise while the watch was on charge. But today, as I updated it with latest software 5.1.3, and soon the watch finished update it made a ding noise while on charge. Thats the first one I heard. Now, I wonder was it a software issue again!! There must be some glitch in updated software. Lets see how many more times I would hear that annoying ding noise in upcoming days. If that goes on few more times then obviously I will need to book again with Genious Bar to have a look into it. Any other person’s experience in this regard would shade more light on this issue.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Feb 20, 2019 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 4:47 AM

I will simply remind you that a replacement watch supplied by Apple comes with warranty, either 90 days or the remainder of your original warranty, whichever is longer. If there's a problem you have a few weeks in hand to get it resolved.

The other suggestion is that you could have a problem with either your magnetic charging cable or the power adapter. You can use any adapter with a USB output to test by substitution, but checking the cable will be more difficult unless you have a spare - a visit to Genius Bar might be the easy way to check this, so if the problem persists also take your cable when you go to get the watch checked.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2019 4:47 AM in response to ripon291

I will simply remind you that a replacement watch supplied by Apple comes with warranty, either 90 days or the remainder of your original warranty, whichever is longer. If there's a problem you have a few weeks in hand to get it resolved.

The other suggestion is that you could have a problem with either your magnetic charging cable or the power adapter. You can use any adapter with a USB output to test by substitution, but checking the cable will be more difficult unless you have a spare - a visit to Genius Bar might be the easy way to check this, so if the problem persists also take your cable when you go to get the watch checked.

Apple watch charging sound every 2-5 minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.