Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 Charging Sounds Every few minutes

i’ve owned the Series 3 for a year and only recently starting having this issue. It happens more frequently when in night stand mode and at a full or almost full charge. Every two minutes or so I hear the charge ding which is very annoying when you are trying to sleep next to it. This didn’t happen until the latest update was installed.

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 2:09 AM

For some reason the watch is detecting the charger disconnecting and reconnecting after it shuts down at 100% battery. I suggest you test with a different USB power adapter (the one for your iPhone?) to eliminate a faulty adapter, and if that doesn’t help try a forced reset to clean up the software (press and hold both buttons together, until the Apple logo appears and the watch begins to reboot). If it persists after that Contact Apple Support and see if they have any good ideas.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2018 2:09 AM in response to Jabsig

For some reason the watch is detecting the charger disconnecting and reconnecting after it shuts down at 100% battery. I suggest you test with a different USB power adapter (the one for your iPhone?) to eliminate a faulty adapter, and if that doesn’t help try a forced reset to clean up the software (press and hold both buttons together, until the Apple logo appears and the watch begins to reboot). If it persists after that Contact Apple Support and see if they have any good ideas.

Nov 14, 2018 1:07 AM in response to Jabsig

I've noticed this, but this is also the very first night of owning a Series 4. Never experienced it before.
I've been using the Belkin Powerhouse since it was released ages ago, Series 2 watch on latest watch OS had no issue.
Woke up in the night to the watch just making the charger noise, it normally lights up when the charger disconnects, but this was just immediately saying it was on charge, with no signs of it not being on charge.

I'm going to try it with a regular charger today.

Having never had this issue before the first night with an S4, I'm leaning towards this being the watch and sending it for replacement.

Would be interesting to know if you are also using a 3rd party charger like myself?

Nov 14, 2018 2:17 AM in response to iZian

iZian- thanks for the reply. I am using a Spitem S350 stand with the Apple Watch charger. I’m leaning towards an update issue since this didn’t start until the latest WatchOS 5.1.1 sine I have been using this stand since the Gen 1 watch. Hopefully something Apple will fix in the next update.

Nov 14, 2018 3:12 AM in response to Jabsig

I just hope Apple get the memo then.

So far as I can tell, though, my series 2 is fine on the same stand with 5.1.1

So I'm split right now between it being the new watch, the OS update or the stand.

The stand is MFI / MFAW certified, so if it happens on the wife's stand also when we swap then the watch is going back as the watch is not compatible with an MFAW certified charger and I might try buy it again when 5.2 comes out.

Nov 19, 2018 1:02 PM in response to iZian

My Series 3 chimes every few minutes once battery charges to 100%. This is with standard charger that comes with watch. Using wife's charger makes no difference, so i know it's not the cable or power source. It started with WatchOS 5.1.1. I talked with support and they're aware there's some people experiencing this and are looking into it. I've dne all the troubleshooting they recommended and they're remote hardware test says my watch is fine. Here's hoping a software update fixes this. 5.1.1 resolves an issue with some series 4 watches not charging so that OS version did something with charging.

Apple Watch Series 3 Charging Sounds Every few minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.