Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attach Image in Mail instead of Embed

How can I attach multiple Images in my email as actual attachments and not embedded images that are "inline"?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2019 1:44 PM

I'm not sure if this makes sense but the images themselves are embedded in the email along with any text. I need the images as individual file attachments (attached to the email as .jpg, .png etc.) so that I can download them all together rather than having to save each individual image separately by long pressing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2019 1:44 PM in response to MrHoffman

I'm not sure if this makes sense but the images themselves are embedded in the email along with any text. I need the images as individual file attachments (attached to the email as .jpg, .png etc.) so that I can download them all together rather than having to save each individual image separately by long pressing.

Feb 21, 2019 2:29 PM in response to DRS00

Are you concerned that the images are referenced in the middle of the mail message and are not at the end?

That's how the message was generated.

Or are you concerned that some of the attachments are viewed as images, and some are little blobs with a filename?

That's some rendering that Mail.app does, to make it possible to view (short) attachments in-line.

Underneath? The MIME-encoding used by Mail.app works exactly the same way with all attachments.

Does Mail.app > File > Save Attachments do what you want?

If you don't want to control-click on the images and select the View as Icon for each, and prefer the file icons and not the rendering... But that doesn't change what's happening underneath here, and the MIME-encoded mail messages are exactly the same.

Feb 21, 2019 1:27 PM in response to DRS00

In the messages that you're sending, there's no difference between what you're calling "inline" and "attached". Mail.app shows attachments as icons if requested—control-click and select View As Icon—but does default to showing the contents for various types of common attachments. They're all standard MIME-encoded email attachments, and it all works the same way underneath, no matter how Mail.app might be showing the attachments; whether as icons, or as the contents of the particular attachment.

Attach Image in Mail instead of Embed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.