Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exclude Pictures from Itunes Backup

I want to use itunes to backup my iphone 6 to my computer, but i want to exclude all photos from this backup because I already have all of my photos saved onto my computer. Is there a way I can do this? I am performing this backup because I have a new phone so i'd like to backup my old phone so that I can restore it onto my new phone. I just don't want the pictures to be a part of the back up or the restore. Can anyone help?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 23, 2019 5:53 AM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2019 9:55 AM in response to myzteeque

Greetings myzteeque,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're curious how to exclude pictures from being included in an iTunes backup.

When iCloud Photos is enabled on an iOS device, photos are no longer included in an iOS backup created with either iTunes or iCloud. You can see that information described in the following guide: About backups for iOS devices

You can see further information regarding iCloud Photos from the following support article: Set up and use iCloud Photos

Cheers.

Exclude Pictures from Itunes Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.