Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard weirdness

I was typing an email recently, and did something to make my question mark go away and start acting like an underscore.. How can I fix this_ I've checked my system preferences and selected English. I´m dumbfounded.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 23, 2019 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 9:28 AM

_____ My question marks look like the underscore, and my left parenthesis looks like the right parenthesis. This is what my semicolon looks like Ñ

That is the Spanish ISO input source. You should find ? at Shift -.

I don´t know how that could be possible if you have only US in your Input Sources list. Did you restart your mac? Please post a screenshot of what you have in system preferences/keyboard/input sources.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2019 9:28 AM in response to irisdurfee

_____ My question marks look like the underscore, and my left parenthesis looks like the right parenthesis. This is what my semicolon looks like Ñ

That is the Spanish ISO input source. You should find ? at Shift -.

I don´t know how that could be possible if you have only US in your Input Sources list. Did you restart your mac? Please post a screenshot of what you have in system preferences/keyboard/input sources.

Keyboard weirdness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.