Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t download iTunes on new computer

I have had an iTunes account for many years, using my work email address. I’m a music teacher and store and purchase a lot of music for work using this ID. I recently had my old work computer replaced with a new one but am unable to download my iTunes account to my new computer. When I enter my ID, it tells me that I can’t use a work email for my account user name. I have been using this account for 6 years. How can I access my account and download it to my new computer?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 6:04 PM

What is the exact text of the error message, excluding your email address if shown? As far as I am aware iTunes should always allow an existing user to sign into their account in a new instance of the iTunes application. See Sign in to the App Store and iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV - Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2019 6:04 PM in response to rike58

What is the exact text of the error message, excluding your email address if shown? As far as I am aware iTunes should always allow an existing user to sign into their account in a new instance of the iTunes application. See Sign in to the App Store and iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV - Apple Support.

tt2

Feb 24, 2019 6:48 PM in response to turingtest2

I can’t remember the exact text and I won’t be at my work computer until tomorrow morning. It said something like

”It is suggested that you not use a business email for your account but a personal account instead.”

I thought I was just signing in but maybe it thought that I was trying to create another account.

is it possible that I may have at least 5 devices attached to this account and it wants me to create another one?

I can reply again in the morning when I get on that computer.

Can’t download iTunes on new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.