Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(com.apple.commerce.client error 500.) MOJAVE

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.commerce.client error 500.). i cant login app store and when i try to download app , this error shows.

I have signed-in in all my other apple devices and previously has with my macbook air but since today, I can not get sign-in or download anything with my app store.

HELP!!!!

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 2:22 AM

Hello Miss Angel Faith,

It should work.

Just follow these steps:

1. Make sure to log out BOTH from iTunes and App Store and have BOTH of them closed.
  2. Open Terminal Comamand
  3. Copy the whole string and press enter

defaults write com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront -string "$(defaults read com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront | sed s/,8/,13/)"

4.Open App Store and sign in to your account.

Similar questions

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2019 2:22 AM in response to missangelfaith

Hello Miss Angel Faith,

It should work.

Just follow these steps:

1. Make sure to log out BOTH from iTunes and App Store and have BOTH of them closed.

defaults write com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront -string "$(defaults read com.apple.appstore.commerce Storefront | sed s/,8/,13/)"

Feb 26, 2019 8:01 AM in response to Jen_Denisse

Greetings Jen_Denisse,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to download apps from the App Store on your Mac, as you receive an error message.

To help troubleshoot the error message you've received, I suggest checking for restricted files and folders. Although titled for a different error message than the one you've received, you can see those steps outlined within the following support article: If you see a -45054 error in the iTunes Store

If the issue persists, you can see further troubleshooting suggestions within the following support article: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books. Within the support article, you'll see steps for checking your connections, checking the date and time settings, and more.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Cheers.

Mar 5, 2019 2:22 AM in response to Andrew Polhamus

Just follow these steps:

Mar 3, 2019 6:29 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello,

I've completed the recommended actions in both articles and still cannot download apps from the app store. This includes checking system status, software updates, and deleting the /adi folder as specified in the first article. I've restarted my computer as well. What other recommendations do you have to address this problem?

(com.apple.commerce.client error 500.) MOJAVE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.