You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase an ipod nano that i want to sell, but is not on my itunes account

I want to sell my old ipod nano, but someone put all of the music on there for me so it is not connected to my itunes account. How do I delete it?

I have already tried hold down the 2 buttons until apple logo appears, but all of the music is still there.

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 8:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 10:28 AM

Connect it to iTunes (the programme on a - or your - computer) and do a Restore. (You'll find the Restore option on the Device/Summary pane. See the pictures below.)

If you connect to an iTunes that the nano has not previously been Synced with, iTunes will ask if you wish to delete everything from the iPod. Yes, you do. Then just make sure it doesn't add anything new by looking on the Device/Settings/Music and making sure Sync Music is not ticked:

and then look on the Music pane:

Above the orange ringed area, notice the Sync Music button. Make sure that is not ticked and then click on the Sync button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2019 10:28 AM in response to cinspruill

Connect it to iTunes (the programme on a - or your - computer) and do a Restore. (You'll find the Restore option on the Device/Summary pane. See the pictures below.)

If you connect to an iTunes that the nano has not previously been Synced with, iTunes will ask if you wish to delete everything from the iPod. Yes, you do. Then just make sure it doesn't add anything new by looking on the Device/Settings/Music and making sure Sync Music is not ticked:

and then look on the Music pane:

Above the orange ringed area, notice the Sync Music button. Make sure that is not ticked and then click on the Sync button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window.

Erase an ipod nano that i want to sell, but is not on my itunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.