Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving iOS notifications for Outlook folders

I have setup rules in my Outlook for emails to automatically get sent to a specific folder. But when that email comes in on my iPad or iPhone, I don't receive a notification, and will miss emails at times. I found a thread on here addressing this from 2013, but the answers are for old Outlook and iOS, and the options they say to use aren't even there to be picked any more. (I check emails on my iPad and iPhone 95% of the time)

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 7:32 AM

The following is applicable for all accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, iCloud, Exchange)

If you have set any rules on Outlook to move into Subfolder / Folder the notification will have following affects.

1. No Notification: If the Outlook account is open in your other device Mac/PC. This will move the emails received to the corresponding folder based on rule set.
  2. Notification: If the Outlook account is closed in your other device Mac/PC. This will retain the emails in the Inbox. The rules will not take effect till Outlook is opened.

In a nut shell Notifications are only for emails in the Inbox.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2019 7:32 AM in response to LambrosMark

The following is applicable for all accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, iCloud, Exchange)

If you have set any rules on Outlook to move into Subfolder / Folder the notification will have following affects.

1. No Notification: If the Outlook account is open in your other device Mac/PC. This will move the emails received to the corresponding folder based on rule set.
  2. Notification: If the Outlook account is closed in your other device Mac/PC. This will retain the emails in the Inbox. The rules will not take effect till Outlook is opened.

In a nut shell Notifications are only for emails in the Inbox.

Receiving iOS notifications for Outlook folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.