Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Way to make guitar notes sound consistent.

For the roots and classic guitar on logic, and probably every other guitar, there the sounds of the guitars change as you go up or down some octaves. For instance This H note has a different lick to it than the J

note. Is there a way to make the licks all sound consistent within an instrument? Thank you.

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2019 2:57 PM

Step 1, if you have not already done so, is to go to Logic's preferences and enable the advanced features.

On the channel strip with the guitar sound, click on the EXS 24 to open its window.

Near the top right corner, find the "edit" button and click it.

When the edit window opens, look near the bottom and see the small rectangles that represent the individual key zones. Play the note that has the sample you like, and see which rectangle lights up blue. Select the rectangles that DO NOT light up, and hit delete.

Click/hold the edge of the remaining rectangle, and drag the ends out to expand the range of that key zone. You should now be able to hear the sample play on all the keys covered by the rectangle that you resized.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2019 2:57 PM in response to quintesson77

Step 1, if you have not already done so, is to go to Logic's preferences and enable the advanced features.

On the channel strip with the guitar sound, click on the EXS 24 to open its window.

Near the top right corner, find the "edit" button and click it.

When the edit window opens, look near the bottom and see the small rectangles that represent the individual key zones. Play the note that has the sample you like, and see which rectangle lights up blue. Select the rectangles that DO NOT light up, and hit delete.

Click/hold the edge of the remaining rectangle, and drag the ends out to expand the range of that key zone. You should now be able to hear the sample play on all the keys covered by the rectangle that you resized.

Feb 27, 2019 4:21 AM in response to Data Stream Studio

Thank you, but It seems I'm doing something wrong. When I click to cut those notes, what should I hope to accomplish? Because cutting those notes just omits them from the midi region altogether. My goal is to just make the guitar sound consistent regardless of note. Could you type the directions of what you're doing as well if you don't mind? Thank you.

Way to make guitar notes sound consistent.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.