Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update my apps.

My girlfriend just tried to update her Facebook messenger app and it’s asking for her to update her billing information, so she took all her subscriptions off and then her phone still is asking for her billing information. So she deleted the messenger app in order to download it again with said update and now she can’t even get it back. She tried putting her banking info back into the phone but now won’t take her card and say it’s not acceptable. Please help we cannot figure this out and so close to switching to an android phone if this keeps going on. Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 27, 2019 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2019 8:16 AM

I though it was your girlfriends problem. Click on the blue link I just provided to you and fill out the pertinent information. iTunes Store employees can then check your girlfriends account and try to fix the issue. How does that not help at all?

Yes, it certain circumstances Google Play does ask for billing information. If your GF had never had any subscriptions she could have set up her account with no billing information.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2019 8:16 AM in response to Joshmakkreel

I though it was your girlfriends problem. Click on the blue link I just provided to you and fill out the pertinent information. iTunes Store employees can then check your girlfriends account and try to fix the issue. How does that not help at all?

Yes, it certain circumstances Google Play does ask for billing information. If your GF had never had any subscriptions she could have set up her account with no billing information.

Can’t update my apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.