Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i update the latest version of messenger on my ipad when my daughter forgot her password to t he itunes store

I want to update the messenger on my iPad but my daughter puts her own password to the iTunes store and she forgot the password. I want to delete her Apple ID, HOW???

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 27, 2019 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2019 10:45 PM

She has to retrieve her password since all apps & content downloaded are forever tied to the Apple ID used to obtain them.

Content from one Apple ID cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID, so your problem is not solved.

You have 2 choices:

1. Delete all apps downloaded using your daughter Apple ID and re-download the apps under your Apple ID.
  2. Ask you daughter to retrieve her password (see previous post link to iforgot) to update your apps.
  3. FYI: Apple ID can be used everywhere for Apple services:

App Store, iTunes Store, Book Store, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, etc...

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2019 10:45 PM in response to marilouguillermo

She has to retrieve her password since all apps & content downloaded are forever tied to the Apple ID used to obtain them.

Content from one Apple ID cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID, so your problem is not solved.

You have 2 choices:

1. Delete all apps downloaded using your daughter Apple ID and re-download the apps under your Apple ID.
  2. Ask you daughter to retrieve her password (see previous post link to iforgot) to update your apps.
  3. FYI: Apple ID can be used everywhere for Apple services:

App Store, iTunes Store, Book Store, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, etc...

Feb 27, 2019 10:25 PM in response to marilouguillermo

Thank you ckuan, but my actual problem is the iTunes store, when I'm trying to update the messenger, iTunes will always pop up on the screen, and requires password for the APPLE ID of my daughter but she already forgot the password for the iTunes store. How can I change her APPLE ID to my APPLE ID, and the iPad that she used is actually mine.

How can i update the latest version of messenger on my ipad when my daughter forgot her password to t he itunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.