Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 2 Apple Watch - Since OS 5 update experiencing workout app issues

Since I updated my Series 2 Apple Watch to OS 5.1.3 I have been experiencing battery issues and a glitch with the workout app. For some reason, a Workout notification keeps turning itself on. I am not accidentally selecting it from the watch face as it is not on my watch face. I can shut the workout app down as many times as I want but it keeps re-appearing at the top middle of my watch face (green circle with running person). This is causing my watch battery to deplete rapidly throughout the day. I have shut the watch off numerous times, tried unpairing but it does not resolve the issue. It seems to occur after I record a workout or an outdoor walk. I select end the workout, close the details, and then close the app on my watch and then it opens itself back up again! Any suggestions on how to get workout app to stop running in the background constantly?

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 2:28 PM

Try turning of start workout reminder. Settings >general >workout.

Similar questions

2 replies

Series 2 Apple Watch - Since OS 5 update experiencing workout app issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.