Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch crashes during running activity

I have a brand new Apple watch series 5. During a run of about an hour (my typical run) the watch crashes/restarts about 3/4 of the way through. I am running music and the running activity app during these runs. Immediately after restart the watch low battery indicator comes up but when i get home and put it on the charging stand battery indicator says 3/4s full.

I had the same problem with the series 2 and that is why I purchased the 5. It didn't start on the series 2 until a couple years after I bought it. Now I have the problem on a brand new series 5. Leads me to believe there some sort of software glitch.

Do you have a solution for this issue? If not I will have to give up on Apple Watch and get a Garmin or some other watch for running.

Apple Watch Edition

Posted on Jan 8, 2020 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2020 5:51 PM

Hiya munkchippy,

The Apple Support Communities really appreciate that you decided to post this issue. It appears that your Apple Watch restarts unexpectedly during your run. I’m happy to help out with that. 

A great way to start would be to restart both your Apple Watch and your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

It’s also a good idea to ensure that your software is up-to-date for both devices:

Update your Apple Watch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you’ve verified that both of your devices are up to date, please reach out here for additional support: Contact Apple Support

Have a great rest of your day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2020 5:51 PM in response to munkchippy

Hiya munkchippy,

The Apple Support Communities really appreciate that you decided to post this issue. It appears that your Apple Watch restarts unexpectedly during your run. I’m happy to help out with that. 

A great way to start would be to restart both your Apple Watch and your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

How to restart your Apple Watch

It’s also a good idea to ensure that your software is up-to-date for both devices:

Update your Apple Watch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you’ve verified that both of your devices are up to date, please reach out here for additional support: Contact Apple Support

Have a great rest of your day!

Apple Watch crashes during running activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.