Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 3 shuts down

For the last months my Apple Watch series 3 have been shutting down during running. Often it shuts down after 10-15 minutes. I have tried everything i can think of, reinstalled, unpaired, set up as new Apple Watch, not installed any 3rd part apps only apps installed during installation but nothing works.

I only use it for running and besides the excercise app i listen to music. The watch is like 3 years old but i have only used it for running not more than 50 times or so. Yesterday it shut down four times during the same run.

When googling it seems like i'm not the only one with this problem but i have not found any post with a solution that works for me.

Anyone with a possible solution?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 17, 2021 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 1:26 PM

See all the replies to:

Watch shuts down during exercise - Apple Community

2 replies

May 26, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Marsupilami

I have this same issue, as do countless other users. A quick google turns up multiple web pages and forum posts, some with dozens of comments.

Posting the restart procedures is at best disappointing, and can be easily read as dismissive, pointless, and a cheap attempt at boosting your community score with unhelpful, obvious advice.

These forums have been useful at times in the past, I wish they still were.

I bought an Apple Watch b/c the fitbit battery is 8-12 months of life, and then the product is literally trash (seriously, not replaceable, you get a 25% new product offer).

Now the same thing from Apple?

I guess it lasted about 16-18 months before it stopped functioning.

Apple Watch series 3 shuts down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.